Gerard Butler stars in “Playing for Keeps,” a romantic comedy opening today, December 7th, a day that will live in infamy but only in the historical sense because this film is not entirely that bad.
Butler plays a washed up ex-super star soccer player (something for the guys) trying to get his act together so he can spend time with his ex- wife (Jessica Biel, also for the guys) and son played by Noah Lomax. Biel is a soccer mom to her feisty boy, and the buff Butler (the only thing for the girls in this movie) coaches his son’s team in his effort to bond with his boy. But there are another three soccer moms who would rather bond with the coach!
I’ll spare you having to read about the rest of the plot because I’m sure that you can figure it all out from here. Yes, this film is entirely predictable.
Catherine Zeta-Jones is the sexy career woman in this film and is barely recognizable behind some obvious alterations to her face.
Uma Thurman stars as the wife of jealous philanderer (oxymoron?) Dennis Quaid. Thurman looks good in her underwear (more for the guys), but appears a little aged.
The third lonely and desperate housewife to jump all over the coach is Barb, played by Judy Greer, but it’s not because he’s not playing her son. Ahem!
If you must go see a romcom this holiday season be aware that “Playing for Keeps” places the focus on the rom for one man romping around with too many women in a single film.
However, if you really want to see what I’m talking about you can see this film FREE courtesy of FilmDistrict and KyXy 96.5! Just enter this simple giveaway for ONE Admit Two voucher to see “Playing for Keeps” valid From December 7 until the run of the film at any Cineplex in the San Diego area only Monday-Thursday only, no holidays.
This is a short and quick raffle! To enter to win this movie pass simply do any or all of the following. Each action gives you an extra entry so the more you do the better your chances of winning.
1. Leave a comment telling me who your are looking forward to seeing in Playing for Keeps. PLEASE include a valid email in your comment. Failure to include an email disqualifies comment.
2. Become a fan of Mamarazzi Knows Best on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MamarazziKnowsBest
3. Follow me on Twitter www.Twitter.com/MamarazziKnows
- Include your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 24 hours to respond to your notification email or another winner will be selected.
- Only open to US residents. Must be 18 or over to enter.
- Contest closes December 9 and ONE winner will be selected at random and notified on 12/09 on this blog, Twitter and Facebook along with an email. You must respond to the email within 24 hours or another winner will be chosen.
“Playing for Keeps” starring Gerard Butler and Catherine Zeta-Jones opens nationwide December 7.
Run time 106 minutes