Contest Closed. Thanks for participating!
Need a little boost keeping up with your New Year’s resolutions to be trim and fit in 2014?
Fitness guru Jillian Michaels, and the healthier alternative snack, Popchips, have join forces to help you keep your promises to yourself.
One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive a month’s supply of Popchips and a signed copy of Jillian Michaels’ book, “Slim for Life!”
(Read on for instructions on how to enter after the jump)
Once you have made it through the holidays, it’s resolution time! This is the time we all strive to be the best version of ourselves. this the new year, we’ve decided to have some fun while shedding a few of those pesky holiday pounds!
To kick off the new year right, personal trainer jillian michaels has a few ways you can bring the fun, not the fat in 2014. Below you will find Jillian’s waistline-friendly recipes and easy tips to keeping yourself motivated, healthy, and in shape all year. Look out 2014!
Michaels’ exclusive recipes include:
- · Original popchips-crusted chicken breasts
- · Sweet & salty katy’s kettle corn popchips chicken salad
Almond-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Crusted with cheddar potato popchips for added flavor
- ½ cup unsalted almonds, toasted
- ½ cup of cheddar potato popchips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4-to-5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place the almonds, popchips, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Process until coarsely chopped; the mixture will be a thick paste.
- Arrange the chicken breast halves in a baking dish. Divide the almond paste and spread on the breasts; pat down to cover each breast completely.
- Roast in the oven until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 deg F to 170 deg F, about 10 minutes. Loosely tent with foil and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Sweet Crunchy Chicken Salad
Sweetened with katy’s kettle corn popchips
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of crushed katy’s kettle corn popchips
- 7 tablespoons (about 2 ounces) coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full of water; bring to a boil.
- Wrap each chicken breast half completely and tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap. Add the chicken to boiling water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Unwrap chicken and shred; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold.
- Combine mayonnaise and the next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined. Add chicken, 1/3 cup celery, cranberries, and almonds; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over salad greens
Jillian Michaels’ tips
1) This new year have more fun with your fitness. staying healthy and in shape shouldn’t be about foods you have to cut or spending hours in a gym, getting healthy can still be fun! instead of working out in a gym, get outside and mix it up during the week. go for an outdoor hike, bike ride, try skiing or take your friends with you to the gym and try a new class like my new Bodyshred™!
2) It’s not about completely eliminating food groups or opting for famine in the new year. enjoy foods that taste great and are better for you. popchips are a perfect example and my favorite go to snack. they now come in 14 flavors so grab a different flavor for work, during the day, when hunger strikes, or for a quick snack. grab your bag and enjoy!
3) It’s not just about the cardio training. many people believe if they run for an hour they are shedding the pounds. the reality is your body gets used to this type of activity. strength training is a great way boost your metabolism. if you do strength training four times a week, you can increase your metabolism by 6-7 percent! taking a fun weekend boot camp class gets you outside and meeting new people who are trying to accomplish the same goals. plus switching up your workout keeps it fun.
4) Making wiser eating choices doesn’t mean you have to skip the fun traditions like taco night. when picking out your main dish options, always go with lean organic meat whenever possible. lean turkey and grilled chicken are great options. and if you love beef in your taco, just make it half lean grass fed organic beef and half turkey meat for a better option that still tastes great. having a burger night? instead of piling on the condiments, which are full of calories and high fructose corn syrup, try adding sliced avocado. they are full of healthy fats that are good for your body and skin! (then add a side of popchips instead of french fries.
To enter this Giveaway simply do one or all of the below described actions.
1. Leave a comment with your healthy resolution for 2014
2. Tweet about this giveaway: Enter @popchips @JillianMichaels Bring the Fun, Not the Fat Giveaway @MamarazziKnows! http://bit.ly/1hYz3HL
You can tweet as many times as you’d like for extra entries.
Contest subject to these rules: Must be over 18 to enter, no substitutions, open to US residents only. One winner will be randomly selected. You will have 24 hours to respond to your notification email or another winner will be selected.
Contest ends at 9 pm, Sunday, January 19, 2014.
Happy snacking into the new year!